An emotional story of survival for a St. Petersburg man after he was shocked by 7,200 volts of electricity while working.
Bradley Cater was just days away from his first Father’s Day when he went to work and ended up in critical condition after being shocked by an electric pole while trimming trees.
Cater was working in the 6300 block of 25th Ave N in St. Petersburg when emergency responders found him nearly unresponsive.
“I didn’t even know I was shocked at first,” said Cater.
The new father has just recently returned home, but is now on extensive medical leave as he is nearly blind in one eye with extensive nerve damage that has left him without feeling in his left leg and three fingers. His only way around is with a walker.
Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-pinellas/man-survives-touching-power-line-while-working